Welcome to Part 4 of the series – Start Reviewing Contracts Like A Boss!
Contracts SHOULD be that best friend that always has your back. The one that is always there, watching over you, praying nothing goes wrong but if it does, right there to defend you. Do you have that type of trust in your contracts? Why not?
There are four key purposes to any contract:
1. To make sure each party is on the same page – in the legal world we call this a meeting of the minds
2. To define or limit the scope of your engagement
3. To put some context around the price you are charging –especially when you are charging a flat fee.
4. And lastly, not really a legal reason, but if you want to be taken seriously then you have to use contracts – because many businesses won’t work with you if you don’t use contracts or they will put one in front of you and you won’t know what you’re signing.
For the purpose of today’s podcast, I will be discussing four specific types of contracts and what they mean to your business.
1. Client Services Agreement – defines the scope of what you do
2. Independent Contract Agreement – for long-term work
3. Non Disclosure Agreement – protect your business’ trade secrets as you work with other professionals
4. Audio/Video/Photo Release – permission to use the audio, photos or videos of people you work with
Key provisions for these four contracts are included in the 10-Point Contract Freebie. Download it and let your contracts have your back.
Join My Facebook Community
Are you looking for a community of supportive entrepreneurs working together to tackle their legal needs? Then join the Legal-EASE For Entrepreneurs Community. Plus, I do Facebook Live videos answering your questions every other week. You can JOIN HERE.
Social Media Info
Connect on Instagram: Art Steele – @artsteele_esq
Twitter: Art Steele – @ArtSteele_esq