Today’s guest is Rana Campbell of Dreams In Drive podcast and she’s sharing 10 Ways to Market Your Podcast. Rana is an expert when it comes to marketing a podcast. All you have to do is take a look at the press page on the Dreams In Drive website to see her press coverage.
When I started this podcast, I had no idea what I was doing. I knew nothing about downloads, Instagram followers, hashtags, or any social media marketing. At the beginning of the year, my goal was to reach 3,000 downloads by the end of the year. As of today, we’re already at more than 3,500 downloads. So clearly, I didn’t set my goals high enough.
And now that I see how my podcast is helping others and that there is a real need for my voice in this space, I want to reach as many people as I can, and properly market is the way to do that. That’s why I’m so excited about this episode.
Rana is a marketing strategist, host of the Dreams In Drive Podcast – a podcast she launched in January 2016 that teaches individuals how to take their entrepreneurial dreams out of PARK and into DRIVE. With over 80 episodes in her arsenal, she has interviewed top leaders in lifestyle and business and was featured as an empowering podcast by Essence Magazine and a top Business podcast for Black Voices on Apple Podcasts. Rana’s work has been featured on MadameNoire, Blavity, Huffington Post, Fox 5 Good Day New York, XOJane, and more.
If you’re thinking of starting a new podcast or have one that needs a boost, make sure to take notes. Here’s Rana’s list:
- Understand who your audience is & LIVE in your niche;
- Build a podcast HOME – a website for your listeners to experience;
- Make sure your visual branding is POPPIN’ and recognizable (logo, branding, photos, merchandise, etc.);
- Guest posts on other related blogs;
- Cross-promote and be a featured guest on other podcasts;
- Partner with podcast distribution networks (i.e., Apple Podcasts, PodcastInColor);
- Leverage your guest’s audience by interacting with their followers;
- Use social strategically to interact with your followers after each episode;
- Create and online community to speak to your fans directly; and
- Gather testimonials of your podcast experience (from both listeners and guests) and promote your ratings.
Dreams In Drive is now at 91 episodes, make sure to check it out!
Join My Facebook Community
Are you looking for a community of supportive entrepreneurs working together to tackle their legal needs? Then join the Legal-EASE For Entrepreneurs Community. Plus, I pop in with live videos every now and then. You can JOIN HERE.
Social Media Info
Connect on Instagram: Art Steele – @artsteele_esq
Twitter: Art Steele – @ArtSteele_esq
Twitter: Rana Campbell – @dreamsindrive