I bet your new year’s resolution for this year was to make major power moves in your business. I hope those power moves included prioritizing the legal aspects of your business.
I know thinking of the legal aspects of your business can be intimidating, but the fact is that the same way you can use marketing tools to grow your business, you can also use the law and a business lawyer to grow your business.
Today I’m talking about 4 legal moves you can make in 2018 to take your business to the next level.
Legal move #1 – Legalize your business. There is no reason for you to be out in these streets without legalizing your business. Here are three reasons why you should do it:
- Make your business official
- Build trust with your audience and attract higher caliber clients
- Protect yourself and limit your liability
Legal move #2 – Get a lawyer on your team
- Establish a relationship with an attorney (pay for a consultation!)
- You don’t have to hire an attorney full-time, but having one you’ve worked with and who is familiar with your business makes it easier for you to ask that “quick question” down the line
Legal move #3 – Put it in writing!
- No transaction without a contract, no matter how small or how impressive the brand
- Sign contracts with clients and your peers, especially with your peers
Legal move #4 – Build a willable business
- What in your business can you pass down?
- Copyrights, Trademarks? Turn your intellectual property into something tangible
- Terms and conditions and contracts protect your digital content
If you want more details (and hand- holding) about how to legalize your business (what entity to choose, the difference between a sole proprietorship, LLC, and a corporation, and which one is best for you, then check out this FREE pre-recorded webinar.
Podcast Listening Options
Join My Facebook Community
Are you looking for a community of supportive entrepreneurs working together to tackle their legal needs? Then join the Legal-EASE For Entrepreneurs Community. Plus, I pop in with live videos now and then. You can JOIN HERE.